Change can best be effected through grassroots activism — person by person, county by county, state by state. 159 Georgia Together will work to ensure all are treated fairly under the law, that we will fight through grassroots efforts, direct action and working with other organizations to:
- Eliminate racism systemically, institutionally and personally by fighting to ensure there is no voter suppression and that all have equal representation in our local, state and federal elections;
- Ensure that all enjoy the same rights and privileges under the law and Constitution regardless of race, gender or sexual orientation and identification;
- Support equal pay for equal work, gender equality, and freedom from sexual harassment;
- Strengthen public education throughout the state, including in urban, suburban and rural areas;
- Ensure quality accessible and affordable healthcare for rural and urban areas for all;
- Ensure that all are free from religious discrimination; and
- Preserve the environment for future generations.