Bringing Change to Georgia,
County by Progressive County
A group of committed individuals primarily based in Georgia. We have members in almost every one of Georgia’s 159 counties and supporters throughout the country. We met one another initially through a private offshoot from Pantsuit Nation on Nov. 5, 2016. Post-election, the collective desire for change in, and protection of, our humanity has created a growing and interconnected network of members. Together, we are working virtually and in person to bring change to Georgia, one county at a time.
We believe in freedom for all under the rule of law that recognizes equal rights and human rights without regard to race, religion, gender or creed, sexual orientation or economic status. We believe government should advance the common good, secure and protect all rights, especially those most vulnerable including refugees, in addition to supporting equal representation and voting rights, as well as protecting the environment. We want an economy that works for everyone, not just the select few.
Change can best be effected through grassroots activism — person by person, county by county, state by state. Our organization will work to ensure all are treated fairly under the law, that we will fight through grassroots efforts, direct action and working with partners and alliances to do the following:
- Eliminate racism systemically, institutionally and personally by fighting to ensure there is no voter suppression and that all have equal representation in our local, state and federal elections.
- We will work to ensure that all people can enjoy the same rights and privileges under the law and Constitution regardless of race, gender or sexual orientation and identification.
- We do support equal pay for equal work, gender equality, and freedom from sexual harassment.
- We will work to also ensure that all are free from religious discrimination.
- We are an environmentally conscious organization that will fight for the preservation of the environment for future generations.