159 Georgia Together, a 501(c)(4) organization of more than 18,000+ members, in metro Atlanta and across Georgia's 159 counties is working to spread progressive values county by county, but we need your help.
How can you help?
- Each and every gift helps support our mission as we work to affect positive change county by progressive county. MAKE A GIFT TODAY
- IF you make a gift of $50 or more, you will receive our car magnet as a thank you.
- Roll up your sleeves and help with designated projects by emailing goblue@159GeorgiaTogether.com.
- Join our newsletter mailing list to stay informed by completing this form.
Why You Should Help?
Our mission is to provide our members with a mechanism for organizing and advocating for progressive policies in Georgia at the municipal and state levels. Our hope is to change Georgia county by progressive county. Our talented board of directors are committed to helping each and every one of Georgia’s 159 counties. We believe that this is the only way we can effect for needed change within the Peach State.
Strategically our goals and priorities will evolve year over year. In 2017, we laid the groundwork to reclaim as many U.S. House of Representatives seats and state seats in Georgia during the midterm elections. How? We focused our time and energy on two critical issues that impact all Georgia citizens; civic engagement and health care.
In 2018, we are poised to build on those efforts and the successes of November when progressives were able to flip four Georgia seats.
159 Georgia Together can systematically make key contributions on a comprehensive package of civic engagement efforts, including but not limited to:
- Voter Registration
- Voter Education
- Fighting Voter Suppression
- Census, Redistricting, and Fighting Gerrymandering
159 Georgia Together can systematically make key contributions on access to health care in efforts, including but not limited to:
- Holding politicians accountable policies that lead to the closing of rural hospitals
- Educating Georgia citizens on the effects of said policies and how the defunding of health care affects rural area
- Demand adequate funding for health care across the state
159 Georgia Together is uniquely positioned in this fight with a huge online presence, vast communication platforms and a megaphone for partners and alliances across the state by sheer virtue of the size of our membership, communication platforms and county organization.
We partner with other Georgia organizations including Better Georgia,Georgia Equality, the Democratic Party of Georgia, Cover Georgia, ProGeorgia, New Georgia Project, Fair Districts Georgia, and Common Cause.
In 2017 with the support of our nearly 18,000 members in metro Atlanta and across Georgia’s 159 counties, 159 Georgia Together:
- Partnered with other Georgia progressive organizations (including Common Cause, Indivisible Georgia, Georgia Association of Latino Elected Ofﬁcials, New American Pathways, the New Georgia Project, the Democratic Party of Georgia and Pro Georgia) to showcase and amplify their calls for action, events and volunteer needs.
- Helped increase civic engagement efforts throughout the state by encouraging progressives to get involved and use their voices through targeted and specific calls to action.
- Helped stop efforts to gerrymander two more districts in Georgia.
- Helped stop congressional efforts to dismantle the ACA and strip health insurance and Medicaid benefits from millions of Americans, including 500,000 Georgians.
- Informed Georgia progressives about important news regarding gerrymandering and key federal and state legislation, and increase voter registration.
- Targeted flippable districts for progressives through our Midterm Project and upcoming voter guide for 2018.
- Co-hosted the #ActLocal2017 Georgia conference, in partnership with Indivisible, to facilitate better communication among progressive leaders.
- Co-sponsored the “Where’s David Perdue?” billboard and AJC ad campaign in the spring calling on Sen. David Perdue to meet with his constituents.