House District 145
- County: Henry County
- Metro Area/Region: Atlanta Area
- Cities/Towns/Areas: Hampton, Locust Grove, McDonough and Stockbridge
- Population: 54,717
- Median Household Income: $64,000
- Completed High School 53.9%
- Completed College/Beyond 36.5%
- White 49.3%
- Black 36.5%
- Hispanic 6.8%
- Asian 4.9%
- Congressional District(s): GA-3, GA-10 and GA-13
- GA Senate District: SD-10 and SD-17
|2016||Clinton 45.42%||Trump 52.08%||Margin=R+6.7%|
|2012||Obama 49.55%||Romney 49.52%||Margin=0%|
DISTRICT ELECTION RESULTS
|2014||E. Culver "Rusty" Kidd
|2012||E.Culver "Rusty" Kidd (R)
|Quentin T. Howell (D)
- Incumbent: Ricky A. Williams (R)
- Campaign Website: rickywilliamsforgeorgia.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/rickwilliamsforgeorgia
- Twitter: N/A
FOLLOW THE MONEY
In 2016, Rick Williams (R) outspent Floyd Griffin (D), $180,575 to $46,296.
NOTES AND SUMMARY
Spanning all of Baldwin County and parts of Putnam County, the 145th runs from Eatonton southeast to Milledgeville and Hardwick. Racial makeup: 55 percent white, 40 percent black. However, the district's demographics are tilting towards minority voters, which suggests it could be flippable. In 2012, there was a virtual dead heat between President Obama and Mitt Romney in this district.
In 2014, Independent incumbent E. Culver "Rusty" Kidd was unchallenged in the general election. In 2012, he beat his Democratic challenger with 54 percent of the vote.
In 2016, Ricky A. Williams (R) won the district with 56 percent of the vote. Rep. Williams voted for Campus Carry despite Milledgeville being home to three colleges (surveys of Georgia college students run 60-70% opposed Campus Carry legislation). Williams is running again in 2018.
There is no Democratic challenger for this district.