Russia Investigation Heating Up But Don't Get Distracted
So, did everyone see the New York Times and Washington Post stories about Donald Trump Jr. meeting with a Russian lawyer during the campaign to get incriminating information on Hillary Clinton? OK, we can assume that Robert Mueller did as well.
Did you also see where Donald Trump took Vladmir Putin at his word and agreed to form an anti-hacking coalition with Russia? OK, so did the Republicans in Congress. Let's not lose our focus. Let's shift our attention back to health care.
Don't get distracted from the health care fight. Sen. Mitch McConnell is in need of a distraction so he can pass the monstrosity of the Senate health care bill. The current attack is focused on essential health benefits like maternity leave coverage and pre-existing condition protections.
We must stay focused on defeating this bill. Lives depend on it. This is not an exaggeration. We must make the phone calls and attend the rallies to defeat this bill. McConnell says if it is defeated he will work with Democrats to fix the Affordable Care Act. Let's force his hand, shall we?
Rallies This Week
- Resist Trump Tuesdays will resume its regular schedule of protesting at Sen. David Perdue's office at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 11.
- ARC Georgia will be rallying at the state Capitol from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, July 12. Learn more>>
- The Rally for Callie will take place in Athens at the Arches, starting at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 12. Learn more>>
If you can't make these rallies, then make the phone calls, reach out to elected officials on social media.
- Sen. Johnny Isakson's number: (202) 224-3643/local office: (770) 661-0999
- Sen. David Perdue's number: (202) 224-3521/local office: (404) 865-0087