House District 106
- County: Gwinnett County
- Metro Area/Region: East Atlanta Suburbs
- Cities/Towns/Areas: Lawrenceville, Grayson, Snellville and Loganville
- Population: 56,031
- Median Household Income: $68,454
- Completed High School 46%
- Completed College/Beyond 45.7%
- White 50.6%
- Black 31.8%
- Hispanic 8.7%
- Asian 6.3%
- Congressional District(s): GA-4, GA-7
- GA Senate District: SD-9, SD-55
|2016||Clinton 49.74%||Trump 47.04%||Margin=D+2.7%|
|2012||Obama 42.29%||Romney 56.44%||Margin=R+14.1%|
DISTRICT ELECTION RESULTS
|2016||Brett Harrell (R)
|2014||Brett Harrell (R)
|2012||Brett Harrell (R)
- Incumbent: Brett Harrell
- Campaign Website: voteharrell.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/voteharrell
- Twitter: twitter.com/@brettharrell
FOLLOW THE MONEY
Brett Harrell has run in four races, winning all of them. In 2012, 2014 and 2016 he ran unopposed. He has raised $343,056 from a broad range of industries, with largest contributions from general business, uncoded, finance/insurance/real estate and health.
NOTES AND SUMMARY
This is an increasingly diverse district in which the Republican representative, Brett Harrell (R), has run unopposed since 2012. Democrat Faith Chikwekwe was a candidate for the 2018 race, with strong support among progressives, but she withdrew for personal reasons.
Harrell is a former small business owner in the district and former mayor of Snellville. Among other committee positions, he is vice chair of the Rules Committee. He voted for concealed carry, prohibiting funding for sanctuary campuses, and the "religious liberty" bill.
A second Democrat had been anticipated to run for this seat but also changed her mind at the last minute. Harrell is running unopposed.