#159CalltoAction: Call Legislators about Gun Safety and Visit Capitol on Wednesday
We need sensible gun laws in this country. We need leaders who will protect our children, our families, our communities, and our country. Let's make some calls and visit the state Capitol, shall we? #159CalltoAction #159GunSafety
There have been 31 mass shootings where 58 people died in 2018 alone (gunviolencearchive.org).
In the 2015-2016 election cycle, the NRA spent $17 million for Republicans and $37 million AGAINST Democrats. That’s $54 million to leave gun laws exactly where they are.
In 2015, the NRA and other gun rights support organizations provided David Perdue with $2 million in direct and indirect support (including $1.3 million AGAINST his opponent, Michelle Nunn). Perdue received the fifth largest amount of all senators.
Close to $100,000 was provided to Johhny Isakson in direct and indirect support. Conngressmen Sanford Bishop, Tom Graves, Doug Collins, and Barry Loudermilk have all received direct funds from the NRA. According to Forbes, the NRA spent $11.4 million to support P45’s campaign.
Hi, I’m, from city and district, calling to tell the senator/representative that you don’t need a military grade AR15 to keep your self safe or to go hunting. We need action from our lawmakers, and so far we haven’t seen any. It’s the middle of February — we’re six weeks into the year and we’ve already 58 people die from mass gun violence. I want the you to support and vote for sensible gun laws in this country. How many more deaths is it going to take before we have sensible gun laws in this country? Tell he or she that we need meaningful gun laws that protect all of our citizens not just the ones who can make millions of dollars of campaign contributions.
Visit the Capitol
You can also join Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America Georgia at the state Capitol on Wednesday to advocate for sensible gun laws in Georgia. R.S.V.P. so they know you are coming.
- Rep. Buddy Carter: (912) 352-0101 (savannah office)
- Rep. Rob Woodall (R-Lawrenceville): (770) 232-3005
- Rep. Drew Ferguson tel 202 225-5901 and (770) 683-2033
- Rep. Karen Handel: (202) 225-4501
- Rep. Tom Graves (Rome): (706) 290-1776
- Rep. Barry Loudermilk (R-Woodstock): 770-429-1776
- Rep. Rick Allen (Augusta): (706) 228-1980
- Rep. Jody Hice (R-Bethlehem): (478) 457-0007
- Rep. Doug Collins (R-Gainesville): (770) 297-3388
- Rep. Austin Scott (R-Macon): (478) 971-1776
- Rep. Buddy Carter (R-Savannah): Phone: (912) 352-0101
- Rep. John Lewis (Atlanta): (404) 659-0116
- Rep. Hank Johnson (Decatur) 770-987-2291
- Rep. David Scott (Jonesboro): 770-210-5073
- Rep. Sanford Bishop (Albany, Macon and Columbus): 478-803-2637
- Sen. Johnny Isakson's number: (202) 224-3643/local office: (770) 661-0999
- Sen. David Perdue's number: (202) 224-3521/local office: (404) 865-0087