#159CalltoAction: Call to Save Health Care for Georgia's Seniors
In Georgia, 182,000 seniors are covered by Medicaid. Cuts or changes to the program will be detrimental to our seniors. Let's make a few phone calls to help them and their families. #159HealthCare #159NotoTrumpCare #159SaveMedicaid
- Whether a person wants to age in their home or an assisted living facility, Medicaid fills the gap in services not covered by Medicare by serving as the primary payer for nursing home and community-based long term services and supports (LTSS) which would otherwise be altogether unaffordable for low-income older adults and people with disabilities.
- Medicaid is the primary payer for 75% of nursing home stays in Georgia
- For more info: Commonwealth Fund, Kaiser Family Foundation
- Sen. Johnny Isakson's number: (202) 224-3643/local office: (770) 661-0999
- Sen. David Perdue's number: (202) 224-3521/local office: (404) 865-0087