#159CalltoAction: Advocate for health care for all
Call today regarding the Senate's health care plan. A vote is imminent. Our pressure is working. Speak up for yourself and for those who cannot.
- Sen. Johnny Isakson's number: (202) 224-3643/local office: (770) 661-0999
- Sen. David Perdue's number: (202) 224-3521/local office: (404) 865-0087
Script: Hi. I’m from _ZIP_ calling to ask _NAME_ to fight for my right to affordable, quality healthcare coverage. Specifically, (list what you want). Ideas:
- No gender discrimination and no lifetime caps.
- Access to reproductive medicine without cost.
- Coverage for all pre-existing conditions.
- Cost less than $X per month per person.
- Comprehensive Medicare and Medicaid.
A good talking point from one of our members: is the current plan would result in a large number of lost JOBS in Georgia since the health care industry is a huge driver of economic growth here. CHOA alone employs over 10,000 people. Medicaid already doesn't cover its costs and is ~57 percent of CHOA's pediatric population. You can't expect to run a hospital if you fall back (due to the proposed cuts ) to just fundraising. This WILL result in layoffs if the Republicans cut Medicaid reimbursement even further than they already have. For Republicans who care so much about JOBS and economic growth, ask them how they think this will affect employees in the health care industry?
Most importantly, share why this is personally significant to you. #159CalltoAction #159HealthCare #159SaveMedicaid