#159CalltoAction: Fix HB159
HB159 is a GOOD adoption bill with a BAD discriminatory amendment. It was heard by the Senate Judiciary committee last week and will be voted on by the committee this week.
Committee members can strike the amendment and pass the original bill. Call committee members and request they stand with Georgia's foster-care kids and strike the amendment so that a needed bill can still go through.
If the bill makes it to Gov. Deal’s office with the amendment, he has pledged to veto it, which will hurt our foster-care kids and the good work that was done prior to the poison pill.
During the hearing, Sens. Parent, Tillery, Fort and Jones seemed most likely to support striking the amendment. Ask them to make the motion to strike the amendment. Sens. Stone and Kirk seemed interested in both sides of the argument. #159CalltoAction #159GoldenDomeC2A #159HelpFosterCareKids #ForGeorgiaKids #NotoHate #NotoDiscrimination
- Stone, Jesse Chairman (404) 463-1314
- Cowsert, Bill Vice Chairman (404) 463-1366
- Tillery, Blake Secretary (404) 656-0089
- Fort, Vincent Member (404) 656-5091
- Hill, Hunter Member (404) 463-2518,
- Jones II, Harold V .Member (404) 463-3942
- Kennedy, John F. Member (404) 656-0045
- Kirk, Greg Member (404) 463-5258
- Ligon, Jr., William T. Member (404) 463-1383
- McKoon, Joshua Member (404) 463-3931
- Parent, Elena Member Phone: (404) 656-5109
- Thompson, Curt Member (404) 463-1318