#159CalltoAction: Do What You Can to Help Puerto Rico
The news reports coming out of Puerto Rico are apocalyptic, and conditions have reached humanitarian crisis.
Trump is picking fights with mayors and those on the ground in Puerto Rico instead of working with Congress to speed resources to the island.
So, do what you can do as an individual to help Puerto Ricans and make some calls to force Congress to act. We are talking about U.S. citizens on the island. They need their fellow citizens to make the calls that they can't because they are struggling to survive.
Here is an article with a good set of resources, http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/can-help-hurricane-victims-puerto-rico/.
And here are the numbers, remember just speak from the heart...
- Sen. Johnny Isakson's number: (202) 224-3643/local office: (770) 661-0999
- Sen. David Perdue's number: (202) 224-3521/local office: (404) 865-0087
- Rep. Buddy Carter: (912) 352-0101 (savannah office)
- Rep. Rob Woodall (R-Lawrenceville): (770) 232-3005
- Rep. Drew Ferguson tel 202 225-5901 and (770) 683-2033
- Rep. Karen Handel: (202) 225-4501
- Rep. Tom Graves (Rome): (706) 290-1776
- Rep. Barry Loudermilk (R-Woodstock): 770-429-1776
- Rep. Rick Allen (Augusta): (706) 228-1980
- Rep. Jody Hice (R-Bethlehem): (478) 457-0007
- Rep. Doug Collins (R-Gainesville): (770) 297-3388
- Rep. Austin Scott (R-Macon): (478) 971-1776
- Rep. Buddy Carter (R-Savannah): Phone: (912) 352-0101
- Rep. John Lewis (Atlanta): (404) 659-0116
- Rep. Hank Johnson (Decatur) 770-987-2291
- Rep. David Scott (Jonesboro): 770-210-5073
- Rep. Sanford Bishop (Albany, Macon and Columbus): 478-803-2637